- Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens
- 28-34, Athanasiou Diakou
- 117 43, Athens, Greece
- Tel: +30 210 92.88.400
- Fax: +30 210 92.33.317
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal Olympic is located in the centre of Athens. It is one of the best equipped conference hotels in Athens with 18 meeting rooms with a capacity from 5 – 700 delegates.
The has applied to the EACCME for CME credits.
The official language of the Congress is English
Getting to the Hotel
Arriving at Royal Olympic Hotel from Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport
- By Metro/Underground
Travel time: Approximately 1h14min
Board the Metro from the Airport’s Station and get off at Syntagma Station. At Syntagma Station switch lines in the direction of Elliniko and get off at the first Station, the Acropolis Station. From Acropolis Station the Hotel is 100m away, walking along Ath. Diakou Street.
- By Car
- Travel time: Approximately 45min (depending on traffic)
Take Attiki Odos/A6/E94 to Periferiaki Imittou/A64 to reach region Zografou and then Athanasiou Diakou st.
- By taxi
Travel time: Approximately 45min (depending on traffic)
Taxi fare: Cost one way, between 06:00 – 23:00 is 40-45€. (approximately)
Cost one way, between 23:00 – 06:00 is 55-60€. (approximately)
- Area Codes
- The international dialling code for Greece is 0030
- The dialling area code for Athens is 210.
- For a national call in Greece: area code + telephone number
- For an international call to Greece: international dialling code for Greece + area code + telephone number
- Useful Phone Numbers
- Telephone Information (OTE) 11888
- All emergencies / European Emergency Center (free call) 112
- Local police (free call) 100
- National Emergency Aid Center (free call) 166
- Fire station emergency (free call) 199
- Emergency Pharmacies, Hospitals, Doctors (0.5€/minute) 14944
Greece is on Eastern European Time (EET). During March, time is two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+2).
Athens has a typical Mediterranean climate with mild winters and warm summers. The average temperature in 24°C (75°F) with a range between 20°C (68°F) – 28°C (82°F).
Currency, Banks and Credit Cards
Greece uses the Euro as currency. All major credit and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard) are accepted by most stores and venues. However, in smaller stores and kiosks you may be asked to pay in Cash.
Banking hours are typically: Monday-Thursday from 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Some branches and shopping malls extend their opening times on Saturday mornings. Cash withdrawals from ATMs are available 24h/day.
Electricity – Converters
- The voltage in Greece is 230V
- The standard frequency is 50Hz
- The power sockets used are of type F
- Please contact the reception desk for available converters
Tap water in Athens is safe to drink. However, in some sub-locations in the centre it is recommended to ask the locals. In some cases, the water might be of poor quality due to the age of the pipelines.
The meeting organizers cannot accept liability for personal injuries sustained or for loss of or damage to property belonging to Congress participants (or their accompanying persons) either during the congress meetings and post congress activities. Please obtain proper travel and health insurance prior to your trip.
Free wi-fi zones abound, and many cafes and restaurants offer wi-fi for customers.
Tipping is optional in Greece. However, it is customary to round up the sum if you are satisfied with the service. Tips may be left on the table or you may tell the service that you do not expect to be given any change.