21st annual meeting of the European Venous Forum,
25-27 June 2020, Budapest, Hungary
- Budapest Congress Centre
- H-1123 Budapest
- Alkotas u. 63-67
- Telephone: 0036 1 372 5400
- email: email@example.com
- MAP link: https://www.bcc.hu
- Novotel Budapest City Hotel,
- 63-67. Alkotás utca,
- 1123 Budapest
- Tel: +36 (1) 372 5426
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check the website for further information on accommodation
- Scientific Programme Day 1: Thursday 25 June 2020
- Scientific Programme Day 2: Friday 26 June 2020
- Scientific Programme Day 3: Saturday 27 June 2020
Information on Budapest
For information on Budapest, please check with the local tourist office and the websites below
Getting to the Venue
- By Plane
- 30 minutes form Liszt Ferenc International Airport
- Airport Transfers: https://welovebudapest.com/en/2014/08/27/how-to-get-to-downtown-budapest-from-the-airport/
- By Train
- About 1 km 3 stops from South Railway Station by tram
- By Car
- At junction of M1 and M7 highways coming from Western Europe
- By taxi
- Főtaxi, the taxi company with the longest traditions (founded 1913) in Hungary transports passengers between the terminals and Budapest. Főtaxi’s several hundred cars, trained and experienced colleagues ensure a safe basis to satisfy passengers’ needs at a high standard.
- Taxi drivers speaking at least one foreign language are in service with large, category ‘A’ cars younger than five years. All cars are equipped with a POS terminal, therefore credit cards are also accepted.
- Reservations can be made in person at the Főtaxi booths located at the exits at Terminals 2A and 2B. At the taxi rank in front of the stands, taxis are parking continuously waiting for passengers.
- From 1 September 2013 a new Taxi Decree was introduced in Hungary regulating the price* of the taxis at a fixed tariff of 300 HUF/Km (~0.95 EUR/Km) in addition to the one-off basic fee of 700 HUF (~2.20 EUR) and waiting fee 75 HUF/min (~0,25 EUR / min).
- Please be aware of exposing yourself at risk by using non-regulated taxi service providers soliciting at the terminal buildings.
- More information:
- Telephone: +36 1 222 2 222
- Mobile phones: +36 20 222 2 222, +36 30 222 2 222, +36 70 222 2 222
- Website: www.fotaxi.hu
- Facebook page: facebook.com/fotaxi
- Using the taxi service of the Novotel Budapest hotel a ride from the airport to the hotel should typically cost around 14 000 HUF (~45 EUR) and a ride from the hotel to the airport costs around 9 500 HUF (~30 EUR) depending on traffic conditions.
- *Prices include VAT. Prices indicated in EUR are subject to the actual HUF/EUR exchange rate.
- miniBUD – Budapest Airport’s official airport shuttle service provider
- The miniBUD airport shuttle is a convenient, fast and favorably-priced transfer service between Budapest Airport – Budapest city center – Budapest Airport. You can use our service on your own, with your friends and family, or even with a larger group. The miniBUD airport shuttle team will fulfill your order under the best terms and conditions, at the highest possible service quality.
- The price is the fee of the airport shuttle service payable per person, in case the passenger would like to travel from the airport to the nearby districts of Budapest, or from these to the airport.
- miniBUD’s service fees vary in accordance with the distance of the address from the airport. The service fee is always more favorable if you book more persons or a return journey.
- Before booking please enquire about the prevailing price of the airport shuttle service to your address.
- Arrival (BUD AIRPORT-BUDAPEST)
- Passenger pickup at the miniBUD airport shuttle service counters located on the arrivals level of Budapest Airport. Within half an hour of pickup, you will be on your way to Budapest.
- Following a carefree journey, we will drop you off at the hotel or address specified in your booking. When you book, choose our discounted return transfer service!
- Departure (BUDAPEST – BUD AIRPORT)
- Passenger pickup at the same hotel or address specified during your booking. Following pickup, you will immediately be on your way to Budapest Airport.
- Following a carefree journey, we will drop you off at Budapest Airport, Terminal 2A or 2B. When you book, choose our discounted return transfer service!
- miniBUD CONTACT INFORMATION
- E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.minibud.hu
- miniBUD call center: +36 1 550 0000
- By public transport
- From 4:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., bus number 200E commutes between Terminal 2 and the Kőbánya-Kispest metro terminal (metro line M3), via the Ferihegy train station(trains to the Nyugati railway station in Budapest).
- From the Kőbánya-Kispest metro terminal, passengers can take the M3 metro towards Újpest Központ to reach the city center. It is possible to change to metro lines M1 and M2 at the Deák Ferenc tér stop in the inner city.
- From 11:00 p.m.to 1:00 a.m. bus 200E, from 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. night bus number 900 operates between Budapest Airport Terminal 2 and the South Pest bus garage. It is possible to change to night buses 950 and 950A, operating to the inner city.
- As of 7 July, a direct bus line connecting the airport with the city center was introduced: the front-door 100E takes passengers to Deák tér. It leaves from Deák tér every thirty minutes from 04:00 to 23:30. The first bus leaves from the airport each morning at 05:00, and the last one at 0:30. Bus 100E stops at the BKK bus stop at the airport between the two terminals on the arrival level.
- Passengers may get off the bus going to Deák tér at Kálvin tér and at Astoria. Bus 100E going to the airport only stops at Kálvin tér, but the first two in the morning will also stop at the Astoria M bus stop.
- Schedules available at bkk.hu
- Attention! A special ticket must be purchased for bus 100E for HUF 900 – other tickets or season tickets are not valid for this service.
- Tickets for public transportation priced 350 HUF are available at the airport from BKK at its customer service points, from the post office, the newsagents (Relay) and from ticket machines at the bus stop. It is also possible to purchase a ticket from the bus driver for 450 HUF.
- The post office is located on the mezzanine level of Terminal 2A, where 24 and 72-hour, weekly and monthly travel passes for Budapest public transport are also available.
- Newsagents only sell single tickets, 10-piece ticket booklets and short section tickets.
- At the Tourist Information – Budapest Info Point counters located on the arrivals levels of Terminals 2A and 2B, 24, 48 and 72-hour Budapest Cards are also available, which, in addition to numerous discounts, offer unlimited use of public transportation during the period of validity. For more information, please visit budapest-card.com/
The climate of Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is continental, with cold winters and warm summers.
The average temperature ranges from -1.5 °C (29.5 °F) in January to 21 °C (70 °F) in July.
Here are the average temperatures.
For further information visit https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/hungary/budapest