ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW OPEN!
The EVF invites you to submit an abstract(s) for consideration of presentation at the EVF 2022 meeting. Abstracts should be submitted by Friday 19 February 2022 and typed in English. Selection will be based on originality and quality of work. All abstracts will be reviewed, blind, by the Scientific Committee. Authors will be notified on the committee’s decision by mid March 2022. The 30 best abstracts will be selected for oral presentation. The remaining abstracts will be considered for Poster Presentation.
Each abstract should include:
- – Title
- – Authors’ names: presenter’s names first (Surname, initial)
- – Institution, City and Country
- – Type abstract in English. Maximum of 425 words (excluding title, authors’ names and institution). Abstracts exceeding 425 words will be rejected. Abstracts should include: Background/Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- – Abstracts must not contain brand or device names
- – Indicate if you wish the abstract to be considered for the EVF Prize.
- – Presenting author must be indicated
The official language of the Conference is English. All presentations will be in English. Abstracts accepted for presentation will be printed in the Final Programme/Book of Abstracts distributed during the meeting.
The meeting is being planned as a hybrid event (a combination of in-person and virtual/online attendance). Depending on the situation with COVID-19 pandemic, we may have to change to virtual only.
All presenters will be asked to send a recording of their presentation (mp4) before the meeting. This will be used as a back-up in case of technical failure or if we have to move to a virtual event.
EVF Prize – Oral presentations
The EVF prize will be awarded to the three best abstracts according to originality and quality.
To be eligible for the EVF Prize the presenter should:
- Be a Trainee/Junior Doctor
- Under 40 years of age
- Confirm that the material has not been presented or published elsewhere.
The top paper will present their abstract at the next meeting of the American Venous Forum (AVF). They will receive a grant to a maximum of £1,500 to attend the meeting (live meeting only). The top paper will also present their abstract at the next meeting of the American Vein and Lymphatic Society (AVLS). The AVLS will award a grant towards the expenses. Registration at both meetings will be waived.
- The abstracts of the top three papers will be sent to the Japanese Society of Phlebology (JSP). They will select one paper to be presented at the 2023 meeting of the JSP. The selected paper will receive a grant from the EVF (to a maximum of €3,000) to attend the meeting (live only)
- The registration fee is waived
- The winner of the EVF Prize should be able to attend their meetings if their abstract is selected
- The Prizes will be awarded during the Congress Dinner
- Please indicate on the Abstract Submission Form if you wish your presentation to be considered for the EVF Prize
EVF Prize – Poster Presentations
The two top posters will be awarded the EVF Poster prize for the best poster presentation. The award is free registration at the 2023 meeting of the European Venous Forum.
Abstracts submitted for the EVF Prize and selected for Oral Presentation at the meeting will receive an EVF Prize Grant. The presenting author of the paper will receive a grant of up to Euro 500 towards hotel accommodation (3 nights) and travel (economy) (live meeting only). The registration fee will be waived.
It is a condition of submission that should your abstract be accepted for presentation that the presenting author will register for the congress at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the meeting. Failure to register will mean removal of your abstract from the programme.