- ICO Registration Number: Z7043379
- Anne Taft
- Tel: +44 (0)20 8575 7044
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not collect personal information (such as your name, e-mail address or country of residence) on the website unless you choose to provide it e.g. when contacting the EVF via ‘Contact Page’ on the website or subscribing to our email.
Type of information we hold
The EVF collects and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide when you register for a conference or sign up to receive emails (including name, postal address including country, telephone/fax number, email address)
- Information you provide on your membership application and membership renewal form.
- Information provided by you when you contact us by email, post or by telephone.
- Payment of conference registration fees. All registration fee payments are collected by a secure payment provider. Payment provider details given at registration. Payment Data is not collected or stored by the EVF.
- Processing of payments by bank or credit card. No details are retained by the EVF other than to comply with financial regulations. All information is securely disposed after use.
How we use the information
- We collect and process the information so that the EVF can manage all the activities relating to membership, conferences and all other services we provide to members and users.
- We use your data to fulfil our commitment to providing the services, e.g. conference registration, membership applications/renewal/membership benefits
- To communicate with you by responding to any requests by email/telephone/post/web form
- To send you marketing information on EVF and EVF events that you have opted-in. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may opt-out of these emails at any time by clicking the relevant boxes on the various marketing communications or by contacting the EVF Office (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To provide services for the conferences. We work with external conference suppliers. Data is sent to undertake the conference service. Data is sent securely in password protected documents. Data is not used for marketing purposes
- We do not share your data or contact details with other companies or organisations.
How long do we keep your personal information?
The EVF does not retain or use personal data for longer than is required to undertake the work of the society and/or conference event. The length of time we keep the data depends on the reason for its collection:
Data relating to event delegates is kept for a period of two years. If we do not hear from you, or you do not attend a conference within two years, we will contact you and enable you to continue to allow the EVF to contact you. If you do not wish to provide permission, then we will no longer contact you.
If you are an EVF Member, your record will be kept while you remain a member. If you decide to cancel your membership, your record will be kept for a period of two years following the expiry of your membership.
Access to your personal information
You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please note that any such communication is required in writing.
Updating your personal information
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Data protection legislation ensures that you are in control of your personal information.
You have a right to:
Request a copy of your personal information
Ask us to correct information that is wrong or request for it to be only used for certain purposes
Ask us to remove or delete personal information, also known as the right to be forgotten.
To object to using your personal information for certain purposes, e.g. marketing emails.
The collection and use of personal information on this site in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). More information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) (https://ico.org.uk) if you feel that we are not managing your data in accordance with the GDPR (Registration No: Z7043379)
Every precaution is taken to ensure that any data is treated securely, for instance by encrypting the information and by storing the information in a secure environment.
Disclosure of data
- The EVF may use the information received to provide EVF and conference services. The EVF works with other companies and agencies to provide services including, but not limited to website hosting, conference registration, processing payment card transactions, email distribution, monitoring sessions at meetings.
- Any information collected by the EVF will be treated confidentially. Companies and agencies only have access to the information required by them to perform the services that EVF requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited without your explicit consent.
The user has the option to disable all elements except those that are required for the operation of the website/service itself.
Cookies are text files of information, downloaded to your computer or mobile device. The information is stored in the form of a small data file written to your hard drive. These contain information which enables us to personalise your use of our website and present you with relevant content.
Cookies also enable us to analyse and improve the navigation and content of the website. Most browsers allow the user to control the cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. If you disable cookies on your computer or device, some of the features of our website may be unavailable to you.
- We do this mostly through traffic log cookies and analytics services provided by Google Analytics.