Type of information we hold
The EVF collects and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide when you register for a conference or sign up to receive emails (including name, postal address including country, telephone/fax number, email address)
- Information you provide on your membership application and membership renewal form.
- Information provided by you when you contact us by email, post or by telephone.
- Membership renewal by phone or email/paper based. We retain a record of the transaction but do not store your credit card details.
- Payment of conference registration fees. All registration fee payments are collected by a secure payment provider. Payment provider details given at registration. Data is not collected or stored by the EVF.
- Non personal data such as IP addresses for information about the use of our website, for example pages viewed, location data or traffic sources used to visit our website. We do not have access to personal data.
How we use the data
- We use your data to fulfil our commitment to providing the services, e.g. conference registration, membership applications/renewal/membership benefits
- To communicate with you by responding to any requests by email/telephone/post/web form
- To send you marketing information on EVF and EVF events. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may opt-out of these emails at any time by clicking the relevant boxes on the various marketing communications or by contacting the EVF Office (firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com).
- To provide services for the conferences. We work with external conference suppliers. Data is sent to undertake the conference service. Data is sent securely in password protected documents. Data is not used for marketing purposes
- We do not share your data or contact details with other companies or organisations.
How long do we keep your personal information?
The EVF does not retain or use personal data for longer than is required to undertake the work of the society and/or conference event. The length of time we keep the data depends on the reason for its collection:
- Data relating to event delegates is kept for a period of two years. If we do not hear from you, or you do not attend a conference within two years, we will contact you and enable you to continue to allow the EVF to contact you. If you do not wish to provide permission, then we will no longer contact you.
- If you are an EVF Member, your record will be kept while you remain a member. If you decide to cancel your membership, your record will be kept for a period of two years following the expiry of your membership.
Access to your personal information
You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please note that any such communication is required in writing.
Updating your personal information
- You can manage your communication preferences at any time by contacting the EVF Office on 02085757044 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com.
- When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Data protection legislation ensures that you are in control of your personal information.
You have a right to:
- Request a copy of your personal information
- Ask us to correct information that is wrong or request for it to be only used for certain purposes
- Ask us to remove or delete personal information, also known as the right to be forgotten.
- To object to using your personal information for certain purposes, e.g. marketing emails.
Contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) (https://ico.org.uk) if you feel that we are not managing your data in accordance with the GDPR.
- Every precaution is taken to ensure that any data is treated securely, for instance by encrypting the information and by storing the information in a secure environment.
Disclosure of data
- The EVF may use the information received to provide EVF and conference services.
- Any information collected by the EVF will be treated confidentially.