20th Meeting of the European Venous Forum
Zurich University, Zurich, Switzerland
27-29 June 2019
Provisional Scientific Programme – Didactic Sessions
THURSDAY 27 JUNE 2019
||Didactic Session 1: Superficial Veins. Debate
- Thermal Ablation
- Non-Thermal Ablation
- Signs and Symptoms due to Systemic Disorders that can mimic Chronic Venous Disease
- Open Debate with Audience
FRIDAY 28 JUNE 2019
||Didactic Session 2: Lymphatics
- That is why it is a lymphoedema/diagnostic modality, including genetic aspects
- Research: Here we are at the moment
- Treatment by conservative means
- If all fails, surgery?
- ‘Exotic’ manifestations. The programme in Burkina Faso
||Didactic Session 3: Venous Thromboembolism
- Identifying iliofemoral Venous Thromboembolism patients who are likely to gain benefit from thrombolysis and stenting
- Is QOL score important after thrombus removal, or is patency and Villalta enough?
- Recurrent venous thromboembolism in the elderly: Predictors and outcomes
- Postthrombotic syndrome. Long-term follow up. The Basel series
- The challenge of diagnosing pulmonary embolism
- Everything you always wanted to know about DOAC/NOAC
SATURDAY 29 JUNE 2019
||Didactic Session 4: Compression
- Controversies in compression therapy
- Velcro. A real revolution in compression therapy?
- Intermittent pressure compression: Just nice to have?
- Towards a patient-friendly compression therapy
- Elastic Compression has no benefit in the prevention of the post-thrombotic syndrome! True/False