EVF-Nordic Venous Workshop
Organised by European Venous Forum
Clarion Hotel and Congress Centre Copenhagen Airport, Copenhagen, Denmark
16 – 17 October 2023
There are two extremes in the management of chronic venous insufficiency due to iliofemoral stenosis and/or reflux. One extreme is stenting too many patients with stenosis including those with lesions producing less than 50% stenosis which happens in the USA and the other extreme is to rarely stent such lesions which happens in Scandinavian countries. This is very surprising because Scandinavian vascular specialities have been in the forefront of venous haemodynamics for the last 50 years.
The aim of this educational workshop is to bring together key experts and centres involved in the management of chronic deep venous disease in Scandinavia for the purpose of education and exploration of new indications and techniques. The Organising Committee have developed the scientific programme to answer many of questions and highlight the techniques available.
We are pleased that you are able to join us and look forward to meeting you in Copenhagen. Delegates will be invited to attend the meeting. If you wish to be considered, please contact Anne Taft
Andrew Nicolaides Niels Baekgaard
- MONDAY 16 October 2023
- PART I
- 13.00 The place of stenting for obstruction Efthymios Avgerinos (Greece)
- 13.30 Tips and tricks: How to do it. Stephen Black (UK)
- 14.00 Anticoagulation following venous stenting Niels Baekgaard (Denmark)
- 14.30 The problem of low inflow Efthymios Avgerinos (Greece)
- 15.00 Tea Break
- 15.30 The place of Phlebography, CT, MR-venography and IVUS Stephen Black (UK)
- 16.00 Can we determine the relative importance of obstruction and reflux in an individual patient? Andrew Nicolaides (Cyprus)
- 16:30 The contribution of abolition of superficial vein reflux and perforator incompetence in patients with deep axial reflux Olle Nelzen (Sweden)
- 17.00 Deep venous reflux: what can be done about it? Antonio Rosales (Norway)
- 17.30 Conservative management Arina ten Cate (Netherlands)
- 18.00 End of Part I
- 19.30 Dinner
- TUESDAY 17 October 2023
- PART II
- 08.30 How to set up a relevant venous practice. (Referrals, consultations, follow-up, multi-disciplinary clinics) Stephen Black (UK)
- 09.00 Discussion
- 09.20 NOVI-Norwegian national referral center for venous insufficiency Antonio Rosales (Norway)
- 09.30 Current status of Venous interventions in Scandinavia (Experience and challenges) Antonio Rosales (Norway), Gustaf Tegler (Sweden), Jakob Swanberg (Sweden), Nikolaj Eldrup (Denmark)
- 10.00 Coffee Break
- 10.15 Discussion Forum – addressing current and future practice and needs
- 10.30 Summary and Conclusions
- 11.00 END OF WORKSHOP
- Clarion Hotel and Congress Centre Copenhagen Airport,
- Copenhagen Airport, Ellehammersvej 20, 2770 Kastrup, Denmark
- Tel: +45 32 501 501
- Room: Ellehammer 1. Situated on the ground floor
Monday 16 October 2023
- Registration will open at 12.00.
- Room: Ellehammer 1 Foyer
- The workshop will start at 13.00 and continue until 18.00
Tuesday 17 October 2023
- The workshop will start at 08.30 and continue until 11.00.
- Please join in at the discussion times. We welcome your input into the meeting.
- Refreshments will be held in the Ellehammer 1 Foyer
- Dinner will commence at 19.30 in the Restaurant of the hotel. Dress: Informal
How to Get There
- The venue is situated approximately 4 minutes from the arrival halls of both terminal 3 and terminal 4 of Copenhagen Airport. There is signage to the Clarion Hotel.
- Distance from Copenhagen Central Station: approximately 7.3 km (20 mins by car)
- EPS Vascular